21 June 2009

Movie at last

It took nearly 3 months to watched a decent movie. Last time it was during my visit to Mumbai with my good friends catching up. I like the spontaneity they have. Man! There were already enough fluid in the system, and at 3 in the afternoon people planned for a movie. Did work out though!

Today watched X Men in Kolkata. There had been a fight between film producers and multiplex owners over revenue sharing for quite sometime in India. So not so good deal was available until last week, when the strikes were called off. One thing that stuck me straight in the face is the amazingly poor service in multiplex. I went at South City to watch the movie, ordered a regular cheese popcorn and requested them to serve me at the seat. It took nearly 30 mins along with my screaming to get their a$$ moving. During intermission there were at least 15 people selling different stuffs, couple of them approached us with ice cream and coffee. Even if you tend to be courteous they keep on nagging. Think the multiplex owner is trying to rob us for their loss of revenue during summers.

Man! The prices have jacked up also. I always prefer cheese popcorn while watching a movie and trust me it is on a non sharing basis. So there had been times when I went to watch movies with friends because to full fill the urge of having both. Think if this is the scene, I better buy a pop corn machine in my house. My home theatre would be a decent replacement for the nagging and the good part is we can have fluids too! To much of sin! :)

Just a fact, last month only 5 of us watched a movie in a multiplex. The hall was empty. Had a private screening feeling, yet the nag was there!

Hope things improve, and please somebody tell them to complete the total movie watching experience they are killing the basic need to have a good time out!

Too much of bling! Gold is again a good bet for many but I agree with Warren it's most over hyped option.

-
Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel

No comments:

Post a Comment