05 April 2009

Another year added

My Mom called me and became nostalgic about my birth - some quarter of a century ago, as she remembers I came to the planet. She vividly remembers everything, it was told that I was relatively healthy baby at birth. My family that point of time was best described as a middle class hindu undivided family, with a little stretching of imagination of the word "middle class".
I happen to be the eldest of my generation in my family of nearly 200 relatives. My father was not present at my birth, he went to a business visit some 500 kms away. The news of my birth was celebrated by my relatives and starting from the staffs at the hospital to the cleaners of janitor were given their share of sweets.
Something else was going on at that moment in my mother's mind. The room my mom shared with another lady was also expected to give birth. As fate would decide my mom and the lady started having the labor pain on the very same day. When I was born, that lady gave birth to a beautiful girl. My mom was concerned that if I would be swapped. The moment I cried for the first grasp of air in my lung, my mom saw me and noticed that I got my eyes big like her! Isn't it amazing that in a minute of birth out of comfort from my mother's womb the realities of the world started hitting me!
It's being long now, lot of things have changed. Something remains always with me, my mom's support and the golden chain that my grandpa gave me at birth. Though I occasionally disagree with lot of people. Today I want to make a resolution at least for this year I would be polite and nice to everyone and more with people who are rude! :) let's see if somethings can be changed.

My friends called me and wished me, though I don't expect anymore! It's always easier that way. My brother called me from dubai and he called me at midnight his time! Wondering what will happen if we differ the time zone by 12 hours. :)
The only issue is that I'm running temperature, hope things improve. Well, no much update of my swimming. The entire body is aching. Hope that means something.
To everyone who read me, thank you for being with me. It's always Walking With You! :)
Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel

3 comments:

  1. it has always been a pleasure being around you...and somehow i feel that your blog's title couldn't have been better chosen..'walking with you'. It perfectly fits your personality and how you help others along....

    Kudos to you and bro...great post...really really nice.... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. u r always rude to me..
    you never message me back on gmail. huh

    Sorry
    tum birthday k time india me the. mujhe laga tum dubai me ho.

    Happy birthday once again :)

    U ever thought who that girl is and what is she doing and where is she? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Voice: Why on earth i didn't get your msg at Gtalk.. please check the id.. it's my firstname only.

    ReplyDelete